From: Wayne Ringling <wayne@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Install problem with new box. help please.
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 06:04:38
1 >I would say that this is a kernel bug. Whether or not there's kernel
2 support
3 >for your particular RAID setup (my guess is loading the correct module
4 after
5 >boot would make it work), your kernel really *should* boot no matter what.
6
7 >When we start using a newer kernel, the problem may go away. Do you happen
9 >know what particular kernel feature you need enabled for Linux to recognize
10 your
11 >hardware RAID stuff?
12
13 I am pretty sure I need the following driver loaded. Here's the link to the
14 driver on Promise's website.
15
16 http://support.promise.com/Linux/Default.htm
17
18 This might help.
19
20 Is there anyway to load a device driver during a new install?
21
22 Wayne