From: Chuck Haines <chaines@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] alsa 0.9
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 13:39:41
1 I am having the damndest time with alsa 0.9. I have installed everything
2 that is suppose to be installed,
3 alsa-lib,alsa-driver,alsa-utils,alsa-tools. I have edited the config files
4 like I was told. When i run /etc/init.d/alsasound start and type lsmod, I
5 can see that all the modules are there and I get no errors. However, when
6 I try to run amixer as root or as my user, it keeps sef faulting (amixer
7 that it). I have checked the perms in /dev/snd/ and /dev/sound and both of
8 the directories have perms crw-rw---- crypto audio. Crypto is my user (I
9 have no idea why the perms aren't root audio like I have devfs.conf set up
10 to do). I have tried with both these settings and crw-rw---- root audio
11 and amixer still seg faults. My user is part of the audio group.
12
13 anyone have any ideas?
14
15 Thanks,
16
18 | Chuck Haines | AIM: CyberGrex |
19 | WPILA Lab Manager | Yahoo: CyberGrex_27 |
20 | http://www.wpila.org | ICQ: 3707881 |
21 | GDC Webmaster | http://gdc.wpi.edu |
23 "Geek by nature, Linux by choice."