From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, catalyst@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving our/portage stuff to var
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 21:54:49
1 On 12/18/2012 01:33 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > No /var/gentoo. No /var/repositories.
3 >
4 > /var/db/gentoo, /var/db/repositories, /var/cache/portage ... as long as
5 > Zac is fine with one whatever, but let's not invent any new top-level.
6
7 Yeah, /var/db or /var/cache sounds good to me.
8
9 I would encourage all those interested to coordinate with the catalyst
10 developers to have the new defaults written in the make.conf that it
11 generates. Having the new defaults explicitly recorded there does not
12 require any changes to portage (though I will bring portage's internal
13 defaults into sync as soon as possible). Also, I think it might help
14 avoid confusion for users if they are able to see the new defaults
15 explicitly recorded in make.conf (as opposed to
16 /usr/share/portage/config/make.globals which is somewhat obscure).
17 --
18 Thanks,
19 Zac