From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 07:44:55
1 On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > Sorry that it's taken this long to get completed, but the Jeeves
5 > replacement, Willikins, is finally 99% done, and ready to join lots of
6 > channels.
7 >
8 > Getting the bot out there
9 > -------------------------
10 > If you would like to have the new bot in your #gentoo-* channel, would
11 > each channel founder/leader please respond to this thread, stating the
12 > channel name, and that they are the contact for any problems/troubles.
13
14 #gentoo-dev-help: I can be the contact.
17 > Bug reports
18 > -----------
19 > Please open a bug in the Gentoo Infrastructure product, using the
20 > 'Other' component, and assign it directly to me.
21 >
22 > Custom bot functionality:
23 > -------------------------
24 > Here's all the functionality that we have assembled, beyond the standard
25 > rbot stuff.
26 > Bugzilla
27 > ========
28 > !bug [ZILLA] ID
29 > Looks up bug #ID in the per-channel default or specified bugzilla.
30 >
31 > !bugstats [ZILLA]
32 > Totals of bugs per the bugzilla 'status' field.
33 >
34 > !archstats [ZILLA] [STATUS] [RESO]
35 > Totals of bugs per architecture, optionally with some specific set of
36 > status or resolution values, comma delimited.
37 >
38 > status = OPEN, DONE, UNCONFIRMED,NEW,ASSIGNED,REOPENED, RESOLVED, VERIFIED, CLOSED
39 > Reso = FIXED, INVALID, WONTFIX, LATER, REMIND, DUPLICATE, WORKSFORME,
40 > CANTFIX, NEEDINFO, TEST-REQUEST, UPSTREAM
41 > zilla = gentoo xine sourcemage redhat mozilla kernel fdo abisource
42 > apache kde gnome
43 > If you want another bugzilla, file a bug.
44 >
45 > Gentoo-specific
46 > ===============
47 > !meta [-v] [CAT/]PACKAGE
48 > Print the metadata and optionally herd members for a given package.
49 >
50 > !changelog [CAT/]PACKAGE
51 > Changelog stats for a package
52 >
53 > !devaway list
54 > List all away developers.
55 >
56 > !devaway DEVNAME
57 > Display .away message for a single developer.
58 >
59 > !herd HERD
60 > Show herd members
61 >
62 > !expn NAME
63 > Show the expansion of any public Gentoo mail alias
64 >
65 > !glsa GLSAID
66 > Shows the title and external IDS for any given GLSA ID.
67 >
68 > !earch [CAT/]PACKAGE
69 > Earch output for a given package
70 >
71 > !rdep [CAT/]PACKAGE
72 > Reverse RDEPEND for a given package
73 >
74 > !ddep
75 > Reverse DEPEND for a given package
76 >
77 > What isn't supported yet
78 > ------------------------
79 > 1. !glsa -s TEXT
80 > This used to search for GLSAs that matched that string in their title or
81 > external IDS.
82 >
83 > 2. New bug announcements
84 > Jeeves used to announce brand new bugs to #gentoo-bugs as well as
85 > targeted channels or users, depending on the product, component,
86 > assignee, cc and a number of other factors (deeply nested if/else
87 > trees). The old implementation had this in code entirely, and it would
88 > be nice to avoid having to modify the code whatsoever, and instead have
89 > some domain-specific language for doing this.
90 >
91 > Source availability
92 > -------------------
93 > Gentoo specific:
94 > http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/rbot-gentoo.git
95 > Bugzilla support:
96 > http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/rbot-bugzilla.git
97 > (flameeyes has his own tree as well, but he's been sick lately, so it
98 > was lagging behind my development)
99 >
100 > Right now, if you want to run your own instance of the bot, you will
101 > need the latest Git tree of the rBot itself, as upstream only fixed the
102 > last remaining issue a couple of hours ago.
103 >
104 > Thanks to
105 > ---------
106 > solar:
107 > Running the old Jeeves Eggdrop till now, and helping to document all of
108 > the Eggdrop functionality we used.
109 >
110 > flameeyes:
111 > Bugzilla plugin development
112 >
113 > halcy0n:
114 > Gentoo-specific stuff
115 >
116 > tango_, jsn-:
117 > (rbot upstream developers) For fixing the bugs as I found them :-).
118 >
119 > --
120 > Robin Hugh Johnson
121 > Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
122 > E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
123 > GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85
124 >