From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Stats
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 22:34:21
1 On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 14:56 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:48:12 -0700
3 > Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
4 > > Anyway, some things I think we could/should do are:
5 > > - GWN
6 > > - gentoo-announce
7 > > - gentoo-stats (or whatever we have now, if anything)
8 >
9 > Smolt, which is Fedora's new hardware-profiling program, is actively
10 > porting to other distributions. We could probably join in the fun there
11 > pretty easily, since it seems our own stats are on hiatus.
12 >
13 > Anyone interested?
14
15 I could have sworn genone was working on something stats-related. We
16 should see where he's at before trying to pick up something new, but if
17 smolt (or anything else) is better, I say we go for it. My point is
18 that I'd like to start doing some of these things, if not by 2007.1 then
19 by 2008.0, which will help make things simpler for our users and also
20 give us more feedback on our user base.
23 Chris Gianelloni
24 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
25 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
26 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
27 Gentoo Foundation