From: Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global USE flag: introspection
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 09:48:08
On 21 June 2010 21:23, Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o> wrote:
[...]
> I'm still trying to think of a good name. I understand the concerns > about "introspection" being too generic and non GNOME-y, but "gir" is > likely to cause confusion.
"gir" is not good because it gives near-zero information. I can still not think of short enough USE flag. I propose we stick to "introspection". There isn't anything on the horizon that might overlap with this flag, and I don't see why we should drop using a simpler flag for the *possibility* that it might overlap with something else in the future. We can deal with this if it happens. Cheers, -- Arun Raghavan http://arunraghavan.net/ (Ford_Prefect | Gentoo) & (arunsr | GNOME)