From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild laziness and binpkg overhead
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 21:36:16
On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 23:02:40 -0400
Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:

> i've noticed a growing trend where people put setup of variables into > pkg_setup that only matter to src_* funcs presumably so they don't > have to call the respective src_* func from an inherited eclass. > unfortunately this adds pointless overhead to binpkgs. can we please > move away from this practice ?
Like this? * ERROR: cat/pkg-version failed (prepare phase): * python_set_active_version() can be used only in pkg_setup() phase * * Call stack: * ebuild.sh, line 85: Called src_prepare * environment, line 5885: Called python_set_active_version '2' * environment, line 5603: Called die * The specific snippet of code: * die "${FUNCNAME}() can be used only in pkg_setup() phase"; * Shouldn't that be in src_prepare already, or does python.eclass do something rather important here while installing a binpkg? jer