From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] portage-1.5_pre7
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 15:03:24
1 Hi all,
2
3 I just committed sys-apps/portage-1.5_pre7, a brand new *test*
4 version of Portage with recursive merging capability.
5
6 Here's how to install it. First, update your /usr/portage tree.
7 Then, do the following:
8
9 # cd /etc
10 # rm make.conf.eg
11 # rm make.defaults.eg
12 (if they exist, that is)
13
14 # cd /usr/portage/sys-apps/portage
15 # ebuild portage-1.5_pre7.ebuild merge
16
17 # cd /etc
18 # ln -s /usr/portage/profiles/default make.profile
19
20 The _beta_ recursive merging capability can be used as follows.
21
22 # emerge --pretend foo-1.0.ebuild
23
24 This will show you the ebuilds that will be merged to install this
25 particular ebuild. Build deps will be listed first, then runtime
26 deps. There may be duplicates in the runtime deps list; this is
27 normal. The package in question won't be installed twice, since
28 this dependency will be satisfied by the time emerge gets to the
29 runtime deps. To do the "real" install:
30
31 # emerge foo-1.0.ebuild
32
33 :)))
34
35 I'm currently using emerge on cvs.gentoo.org, with success.
36 It will also work (not with full profile support yet) if you do
37 this:
38
39 # export ROOT=/mnt/gentoo
40 # emerge foo-1.0.ebuild
41
42 All build dependencies will be installed to "/" and all runtime
43 dependencies will be installed to "/mnt/gentoo" :)))
44
45 Enjoy,
48 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
49 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org