From: "Peter Volkov (pva)" <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resolve build time default editor dependency. (was: How get ebuild provider virtual/category.)
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:37:01
1 On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 11:06 +0000, Tavis Ormandy wrote:
2 > You can set `Defaults env_keep=EDITOR` in your sudoers file if you
3 > want, or what I do is `Defaults:%wheel !env_reset`, to allow users in
4 > group wheel to use sudo without the environment being scrubbed.
5
6 Of course I know about that. And I hope we continue this discussion
7 starting with this mail:
8 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/44218/focus=44238
9
10 But to restate the question raised in that mail I'll repeat:
11
12 Should we remove built in editors from packages or how should we set
13 defaults without keeping them broken?
14
15 Peter.