From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] reply-to munging
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:45:23
1 On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:23:19 -0400 Chris Gianelloni
2 <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3 | Reply-to-All is evil. You should be using Reply-to-List. I know that
4 | I sure don't need to get the same email both on and off-list.
5 | Off-list emails should be reserved only for when you explicitly do not
6 | want to send to the list and only to the original email's author.
7
8 Try that on any of the technical lists (any of the kernel or debian
9 lists, for example) and you'll get screamed at -- there you're expected
10 to send to the poster and Cc: the list. But then, those lists don't
11 require subscriptions to post.
14 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
15 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
16 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm