From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Let's redesign the entire filesystem!
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:56:41
1 On 03/14/2012 11:36 AM, Maxim Kammerer wrote:
2 > On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 19:58, Matthew Summers
3 > <quantumsummers@g.o> wrote:
4 >> Why is an in-kernel initramfs so bad anyway? I am baffled. Its quite
5 >> nice to have a minimal recovery env in case mounting fails, etc, etc,
6 >> etc.
7 >
8 > There is nothing bad about initramfs. I think that you are misreading
9 > the arguments above.
10
11 Whatever the arguments may be, the whole discussion boils down to the
12 fact that the only people who seem to have a "problem" are those that
13 have a separate /usr partition and simultaneously refuse to use an
14 initramfs.
15 --
16 Thanks,
17 Zac