From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [v4] Planning for automatic assignment computation of bugs
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 20:13:36
1 On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 12:32:44PM -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > What if my herd email address is different from my bugzie address?
3 > Can I have both in herds.xml? What if my herd address *isn't* a
4 > bugzie account, will the world end?
5 I don't know any herd where the herd email is not the same as the bugzie
6 email. Why would this case arise anyway? The mail aliases reside on dev,
7 and the duplication doesn't make sense.
8
9 > How can we automatically detect when developers make mistakes in
10 > editing herds.xml?
11 There is a validation CGI in Bugzie, I created it for when somebody (I
12 forgot who) was checking all of the metadata and herd emails previously,
13 which we should probably automated.
14
15 > > 1. For handling <herd>no-herd</herd>, we should add an entry into herds.xml to
16 > > catch it (maintainer-needed <at> g.o). Every herd listed in an ebuild MUST be in
17 > > herds.xml.
18 > You and I both know this is not going to be true. Complicated
19 > solution; make Repoman do it. Certainly it is the 'correct' thing to
20 > do; however I don't expect it to get implemented or deployed quickly.
21 > Hacky solution: run script on osprey that tries to validate tree
22 > metadata against herds.xml and annoy herds who forgot to add
23 > themselves.
24 Yes, automation is useful here.
27 Robin Hugh Johnson
28 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
29 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
30 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85