From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: an eclass for github snapshots?
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 15:44:20
On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 09:17 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:

> The value of S that is assigned in global scope (i.e. the one > containing the wildcard) violates it.
Ah, right, I initially read Donnie's quotation from PMS as an endorsement for our approach, but that is only true for our EAPI=4 solution where we only change S within a function. That leaves the question what to do with the approach for EAPI=2,3. I'd rather not risk breaking ebuilds by removing this support just for a violation of PMS if there is no real problem exposed by it. Kind regards, Hans