From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Python 2 cleanup: remaining packages
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 13:30:16
1 Hi,
2
3 Here's a list of remaining packages that need to be handled as part
4 of Python 2.7 removal. Note that I've assembled that list a few days
5 ago but I think it's up-to-date. It does not include packages that were
6 last-rited or otherwise masked.
9 Stabilization of py3/no-py version in progress:
10 - app-i18n/sunpinyin
11 - app-mobilephone/sobexsrv
12 - dev-cpp/gtest
13 - dev-libs/libdnet
14 - dev-libs/libxslt
15 - dev-tcltk/snack
16 - media-gfx/gimp
17 - net-wireless/aircrack-ng
18 - sys-cluster/pacemaker
19
20 Waiting for future stabilization (build-time deps):
21 - mail-client/thunderbird
22 - www-client/firefox
23
24 Waiting for cleanup of old (non-trivial!):
25 - dev-db/mongodb
26 - dev-db/percona-server
27 - media-tv/kodi
28 - media-tv/mythtv
29 - x11-plugins/enigmail
30
31 Unresolved issues in py3 version, need urgent help:
32 - dev-java/javatoolkit
33
34 Build-time deps, to stay:
35 - dev-lang/spidermonkey
36 - dev-python/pypy*
37 - dev-python/typing
38 - dev-qt/qtwebengine
39 - games-strategy/0ad
40 - www-client/chromium
41 - www-client/seamonkey
42
43 Waiting for py3 port (potential last rite candidates):
44 - games-engines/renpy
45 - kde-apps/kross-interpreters
46
47 Dependencies of other packages on the list:
48 - dev-python/cheetah (dev-db/mongodb)
49 - dev-python/numpy-python2 (games-engines/renpy)
50 - net-wireless/lorcon (net-wireless/aircrack-ng)
54 Best regards,
55 Michał Górny