From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Magnus Granberg <zorry@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tinderboxing efforts in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 09:13:36
1 On Sat, 03 Dec 2016 09:03:11 +0100
2 Magnus Granberg <zorry@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > fredag 2 december 2016 kl. 23:32:37 CET skrev Daniel Campbell:
5 > > On 12/02/2016 06:09 AM, Michael Mol wrote:
6 > > > On Friday, December 02, 2016 02:10:27 PM Michał Górny wrote:
7 > > >> Hi, everyone.
8 > > >>
9 > > >> I've heard multiple times about various tinderbox projects being
10 > > >> started by individuals in Gentoo. In fact, so many different projects
11 > > >> that I've forgotten who was working on most of them.
12 > > >>
13 > > >> I know that Toralf is doing tinderboxing for most of the stuff.
14 > > >> What other projects do we have there? What is their status?
15 > > >>
16 > > >> Is there anything we could try to integrate with pull requests to get
17 > > >> a better testing?
18 > > >
19 > > > If there's a mostly-turnkey VM I can run to contribute to Tinderboxing, I
20 > > > have one or two systems I could benefit from some heat from over the
21 > > > winter. It's that or bring out the electric space heater. Was talking
22 > > > with my wife about mining Doge on one of them last night...
23 > >
24 > > I second that. I have a hexcore CPU and 16 GB of RAM, most of which I
25 > > don't use unless I'm compiling. If there's a guide that can get me up
26 > > and running with a VM within an hour or so, I'd be more than willing to
27 > > pitch in some cycles.
28 > >
29 > > mgorny mentioned PRs, however... are such efforts moot if I don't have a
30 > > GitHub account?
31 > I run tinderbox-cluster [1] with 4-7 WM's but it have been down for some time
32 > now. The web frontend need alot of work. It still miss bugreporting and build
33 > requests and the grafic need work to. It use django.
34
35 Oh, that's the project I was thinking about. So.. what does it have
36 since it seems to miss almost everything? ;-)
37
38 > [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Tinderbox-cluster
42 Best regards,
43 Michał Górny