From: Caleb Shay <caleb@××××××××.com>
To: "James H. Cloos Jr." <cloos@×××××××.com>
Cc: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] torrent support in portage
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 00:49:33
Noted.  I don't have dial-up, so I wasn't aware of this.  However, since
(in my little pipe-dream), it would be a FEATURE option, if you aren't
on dial-up, don't enable it.  It would still have a good side-effect for
dial-up users.  If all of use with fat pipes are downloading from each
other, we aren't sucking up all the mirror's bandwidth, and dial-up
people can actually get through via the standard SRC_URI.

Caleb