From: Ryan Shaw <ryan.shaw@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: pvdabeel@g.o, mark@×××××××××××.edu
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Emacs ebuild and LEIM
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 22:32:09
1 Hello,
2
3 I am planning on doing an ebuild for the Libraries of
4 Emacs Input Methods, or LEIM. The way these are usually
5 built from source is:
6
7 1) the emacs src tarball is downloaded and extracted,
8 2) the matching (same version) leim tarball is downloaded
9 and extracted into the same dir (creating a new src subdir),
10 3) emacs is built and installed as normal.
11
12 It would be nice if the leim ebuild could be written in
13 such a way as to depend on the emacs ebuild, in which
14 case all the leim ebuild would need to specify is where
15 to get the leim src tarball. Everything else is already
16 done in the emacs ebuild.
17
18 My question: is there a way to do this? Or does there
19 need to be a new emacs-leim ebuild that conflicts with,
20 and mostly replicates, the emacs ebuild?
21
22 Or is this something that could be added to the emacs
23 ebuild, possibly governed by a new USE variable (say
24 "multi-byte" for apps that have compile-time options
25 for multi-byte charset support)?
26
27 Please let me know your thoughts.
28