From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] VIMRUNTIME
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 18:44:13
Thomas Weidner wrote:[Fri Apr 25 2003, 10:21:47AM EDT]
> from the vim 6.2a announcement: > ``Note that test 49 fails (it tests the ":try" command). It even crashes > Vim sometimes. Hopefully this can be fixed soon. I didn't spot an > obvious problem.'' > sounds not very stable to me.
Since this is new functionality added to 6.2a (try/catch), I'm not too concerned about it. All your current 6.1 functionality should be more stable with this version than any prior due to the inclusion of all the 6.1 patches. The other option would be to provide another 6.1 ebuild that would include all the patches but exclude (of course) the try/catch functionality included in 6.2a. This doesn't seem worthwhile to me. Aron