From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News Item: Changes in default VIDEO_CARDS
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 18:13:37
1 Ulrich Mueller schrieb:
2 >>>>>> On Thu, 29 Oct 2015, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 >> [...] but the trouble is that news items slightly predate PMS and
4 >> EAPIs.
5 > We could update GLEP 42 for a News-Item-Format 1.1 and allow EAPI 5
6 > dependency specifications there.
7 >
8 > Ulrich
9
10 New-Item-Format 1.1 implies that it is backwards compatible if I read
11 correctly?
12 If so, we would have to use some other identifier than
13 "Display-If-Installed" because EAPI 5 dependency atoms are not a subset
14 of EAPI 0 ones.
15
16 Maybe
17
18 News-Item-Format: 1.1
19 EAPI: 5
20 Display-If-Has_version: ...
21
22 where Display-If-Has_version is a dependency specification according to
23 the given EAPI, and the package manager must ignore it if the EAPI is
24 unsupported (thus will display the news item always, which will also
25 happen with package managers that only support News-Item-Format 1.0).
28 Best regards,
29 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn