From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: euscan proof of concept (like debian's uscan)
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 08:44:08
1 On Sun, 2011-04-03 at 17:20 +0000, Corentin Chary wrote:
2
3 > misc:
4 > - automatic bug report
5 > - automatic email report for maintainer/herds
6
7 I'm not sure if this makes sense. For example, it gets dev-lang/ruby
8 wrong, thinking that our old patch files are missing versions. Also, for
9 exiftool I only add production releases, so there will almost always be
10 newer upstream intermediate releases. My point here is that there are
11 often additional considerations in considering new releases, so fully
12 automating this is going to be hard. Perhaps a weekly/monthly opt-in
13 mail to the herd/maintainer with an overview would be useful?
14
15 The website is nice to have as another source of scanning for updates,
16 bookmarked.
17
18 Kind regards,
19