From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] How do we handle stabilisations of not-exactly-maintained packages
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 22:14:28
1 On 09/20/11 23:18, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
2 [snipped to bits]
3 > So, the issue is obvious, we have packages in testing that are in
4 > better shape than stable ones.
5 I'm aware that some of my packages could use a stablereq, but since I
6 don't run any stable machines at the moment it just never bothers me.
9 > Well it would be something like priority based queue with maximum 60
10 > points value.
11 >
12 > So do you thing it is possible to write such web app/ do you know if
13 > anyone would be able to write so? If no I think I have proposal for
14 > next GSoC as mentor :P but I would really like to see it sooner.
15
16 Sounds like something that can be done, is not too complex ...
17
18 Maybe we should agree on some standards for such webapps so that they
19 are easy to support
20 - what languages / toolkits / frameworks does infra support / tolerate ?
21 - what data exchange formats can we define? There's things like
22 packages.g.o that already do parts of it, there's euscan and other
23 tools. Can we maybe unify that a bit?
24 - how do we coordinate people that want to help out?
25
26 For now I'll not be the one trying to carry such things forward, there's
27 enough other distractions for me at the moment. But I see what can be
28 done and think "that'd be, like, awesome" :)
29
30 Patrick