From: hanez <you@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Question
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 03:18:55
1 On Wednesday 29 May 2002 08:54, Bojan Blazevic wrote:
2 > I recently found out about Gentoo
3 > Linux in a magazine. I went to the site to find out more about it. I read
4 > the instructions and came out perplexed&nbsp;at the end. None of the
5 > commands are explained in detail, I take it that they are all standard
6 > Linux commands that previous Linux version users would know. Is there a
7 > site or a book I can read to be able to understand the instructions. Or
8 > what would you reccomend for a person thats not o advanced that wants
9 > Gentoo.
10
11 hello bojan,
12
13 one note: please do not write html mail to this mailinglist (or better: write
14 never html-mails to ALL mailinglists).
15
16 there are many books and howtos around the web. a very good book with all
17 commands is: o´reillys "linux in a nutshell". but you must know, that no book
18 can help more then simply doing it.
19
20 i have worked with suse linux long time but nothing in this distribution
21 worked like i want it - so i changed to gentoo linux. it's not so easy like
22 the configuation of suse but when you know what you're doing, it's the
23 easiest distribution ever seen.
24
25 !!! it is the first distribution where i can compile everything - without
26 errors !!!
27
28 right: you must read much more... but isn't it fun to learn more about linux?
29 i think thats the way of linux... ;-)
30
31 regards
32 hanez... ;-)
33