From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Unmasking modular X
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 06:03:17
1 Joshua Jackson wrote:
2 > I will have to agree that this change has made it a pain to mark anything
3 > stable. I had 4 out of the 6 I did today bail out because of this. I took the
4 > simple easy fix and removed the check to stabalize the packages I needed to. I
5 > know we have people who want modular X yesterday, but causing trouble for dev's
6 > going about business that doesn't involve the modular problems directly is only
7 > going to cause resentment and frustration to all the teams involved.
8
9 Why is the simple fix not copying over the already fixed dependencies in
10 the latest ebuild? It's not as if that's a lot of work. That's the
11 intent of this failure -- to avoid flyby commits by people when they
12 could just fix the deps (which are already available in ~arch) while
13 they're there.
14
15 Thanks,
16 Donnie