From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problems wit glibc-update
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 16:20:47
1 Sebastian Werner wrote:
2 >
3 > Now i have a real problem...
4 >
5 > i have updated my glibc from 2.2.2-r2 to 2.2.3 and now nothing works anymore
6 > my init-startscripts fails with "you need to be root" - there is no
7 > possibility to login the system.
8
9 Hmm, thats why the glibc-2.2.3 package is blocked if you try to install
10 it with emerge. I posted a mail
11 about that new glibc package here too. It was not tested.
12 >
13 > have anybody an idea to repair... (i have the gentoo rc4 boot cd)
14
15 There is a binary package for glibc-2.2.2 available in the
16 snapshots/sys-libs subdir. The bootcd contains
17 network modules and the required binaries to setup network manually. So
18 it should be possible to grab the
19 binary package and install it to your root partition. You must use tar
20 xvjf because the package format has changed. You can ignore the trailing
21 garbage errors tar puts out. We store additional package info at the
22 end of the tarball that tar does not understand.
23
24 bye achim~
27 > thanks
28 >