From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: Sven Blumenstein <bazik@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dropping arm?
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:39:29
1 On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 06:26, Sven Blumenstein wrote:
2 > Should we drop the arm arch?
3 [...]
4 > - afaik we have no arm developer as they all went to zynot
5 > - a great amount of DEPEND.bad archs are caused by [~]arm keyworded packages
6
7 If needed, go ahead an remove the arm keywords; the stuff in portage is
8 untested on ARM and probably in a lot of cases, its only around since
9 people propagate ~arm when they bump a package. The embedded team in
10 the future will be maintaining ARM, but we're not at that point yet.
11 We're going to have to go through and test and re-keyword stuff anyway.
14 Chris PeBenito
15 <pebenito@g.o>
16 Developer,
17 Hardened Gentoo Linux
18 Embedded Gentoo Linux
19
20 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
21 Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243