From: Matti Bickel <mabi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: per package eclass GLEP
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 20:07:42
1 I'm a couple weeks late with this, but here goes:
2 from my failed attempts at reviving GLEP33 grow a discussion with
3 ferringb on IRC about how to get what I wanted anyway :)
4
5 We agreed that having eclasses specific to a package located someplace
6 near the actual ebuilds was beneficial and should be supported by PMs
7 somehow. Someplace and somehow are specified along some other details in
8 the attached proposed GLEP.
9
10 I'm posting this for review by the wider community, at the same time
11 asking the GLEP editors (antarus? pva?) for guidance on the formalities.
12 I gather the GLEP should get a number and be uploaded in CVS somewhere,
13 as well as appear on the GLEP project page.
14
15 So, yeah, what do you think? Is it worth it? Can the draft be improved?
16 I'm specifically interested in the amount of work involved in supporting
17 something like the thing laid out in the GLEP in our current PMs.

glep-62.txt text/plain