From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Step on my toes, please.
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 17:26:06
1 Le jeudi 03 novembre 2016 à 11:15 +0100, Jason A. Donenfeld a écrit :
2 > Hey guys,
3 >
4 > Every other day on IRC, I see people arguing about touching each
5 > others packages, despite our policies against it. (Sometimes it's
6 > even
7 > me who's doing the touching!) My instinctive reaction is always,
8 > "can't everybody calm down and be happy somebody is doing your work
9 > for you?" The answer to this question is, of course, that it depends
10 > who the developer is and how competent you are.
11 >
12 > So, nothing new here. I don't want to bikeshed about it. Business as
13 > usual.
14 >
15 > I thought I'd do something loose and informal to rectify the problem.
16 > See my package-policy.txt on my developer space:
17 >
18 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~zx2c4/package-policy.txt
19 >
20 > Do what this says, and everything will be good. I encourage other
21 > developers to post package-policy.txt with the same URL scheme. This
22 > is a nice loose and informal stopgap solution. If others want to
23 > follow suit, great. If not, welp, there mine is.
24
25 In the not formal but maybe more discoverable spirit, you could put
26 this on your user page/space/whatever on the wiki, I guess.