From: Peter Alfredsen <loki_val@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Project summaries
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 18:26:11
1 On Wed, 6 May 2009 08:49:53 +0200
2 Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > any project lead/member can post an answer to this mail for a status
7 > report:
8
9 Gentoo .NET progress
10
11 Currently doing good. Nothing much to report. Everything is shiny
12 and well-oiled. SVN ebuilds of trunk and branches were recently
13 committed to the main tree, which will help when people report bugs.
14 Generally trying to maintain as little distance between the main tree
15 and the overlay as possible, so user feedback can be utilized most
16 efficiently. ~arch is really the testing branch for Mono packages, IOW,
17 but I try to fix bugs real quick when they're reported so most of you
18 never notice they were there.
19
20 Cool new apps which everyone should be using:
21
22 Tasque for managing your everyday scheduling needs.
23 Monsoon shiny bittorrent client
24 Bareftp easy and accessible ftp client
25
26 Cool old apps which everyone should be using:
27 Tomboy notetaking application
28 Banshee the best media-player out there
29 Beagle desktop search
30 Gnome-Do LOOK! SHINY!
31
32 And of course mod_mono, for your ASP.NET needs.
33
34 What we need:
35 People who care about portable.NET enough to make it great.
36 People who use the ASP.NET features. I can probably debug it for you,
37 but if there's a bug in mod_mono, I won't discover it before you do.
38
39 Notable successes:
40 Bumping Mono-2.4 before Novell :-)
41 Shaving bugs assigned to dotnet@g.o down to a reasonable level.
42 Attracting users to Gentoo through our .NET offering.
43
44 Future projects:
45 revdep-rebuild support for mono!
46 AOT support
47 Getting Mono tests to not fail in Sandbox.
48 Reducing the bus-factor. I have too much of this stuff in my head. I
49 should write docs... Later.