From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] HDD Detection
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 21:34:33
1 On Saturday 12 June 2004 20:05, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
2 > I need as many people as possible to test (for the Gentoo installer
3 > project) the following python script on your system:
4 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~npmccallum/detect_devices.py This is especially
5 > important if you have scsi, hardware raid, or otherwise funky setups.
6
7 dominus root # python detect_devices.py
8 Your devices are detected by this script as:
9 /dev/hde
10
11 /dev/hdg
12
13 /dev/hdi
14
15 /dev/hdk
16
17 /dev/hda
18
19 /dev/hdc
20
21 /dev/sda
22
23 Non running as root, skipping fdisk detection...
24
25 Compare the two lists above with your real system devices (not partitions).
26 Ideally, the two lists should be the same. If the lists are missing any
27 devices or have extra devices, please email me a copy of the output of this
28 and of 'cat /proc/partitions' to my address npmccallum@g.o
29
30 dominus root # cat /proc/partitions
31 major minor #blocks name
32
33 33 0 199148544 hde
34 33 1 199141708 hde1
35 34 0 199148544 hdg
36 34 1 199141708 hdg1
37 56 0 199148544 hdi
38 56 1 199141708 hdi1
39 57 0 199148544 hdk
40 57 1 199141708 hdk1
41 3 0 199148544 hda
42 3 1 199141708 hda1
43 22 0 199148544 hdc
44 22 1 199141708 hdc1
45 8 0 80043264 sda
46 8 1 48163 sda1
47 8 2 2008125 sda2
48 8 3 506047 sda3
49 8 4 1 sda4
50 8 5 77473431 sda5
51 9 0 796566528 md0
52 253 0 8388608 dm-0
53 253 1 8388608 dm-1
54 253 2 8388608 dm-2
55 253 3 409600 dm-3
56 253 4 12582912 dm-4
57 253 5 12582912 dm-5
58 253 6 4194304 dm-6
59 253 7 2097152 dm-7
60 253 8 104857600 dm-8
61 253 9 157286400 dm-9
62 253 10 157286400 dm-10
63 253 11 157286400 dm-11
64 253 12 157286400 dm-12
65
66 ---
67
68 /dev/sda is an SATA drive, 6 IDE disks all masters on 3 IDE controllers
69 (onboard, 2x promise pci)
70
71 p.s. I ran it as root, even though it believes I didn't.
74 Mike Williams