From: Fredrik Jagenheim <humming@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] avifile ebuild requires divx4linux and win32codecs on x86
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:48:44
On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 08:01:24PM +0200, Thomas de Grenier de Latour wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:50:49 +0200 > Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> wrote: > > > Maybe they should be marked RESTRICT="nomirror" > > But they would still be dependencies in that case. Maybe a "non-free" > USE flag could be useful for such situations.
Ugh, this was one of the reasons I moved away from debian. Too much time spent on political issues and trying to be political correct and 'pure'. I like the gentoo way of giving me the programs I need here and now. With debian there was always a bunch of unoffical dpkg sites which had to reside in sources.list to get some files which were deemed 'unappropiate' for the offical Debian. Moving down the path of free/non-free will soon make you end up on the road of insanity. Who's to decide what's non-free and not? Perhaps an easy way to dump the LICENSE field in the ebuild you're about to install, but adding a USE flag for it seems to overdo a non-issue I think. //H -- To segfault is human; to bluescreen moronic. -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list