From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: idl0r@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla - New Default Status Workflow
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 08:36:43
On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 13:22:09 +0100
Christian Ruppert <idl0r@g.o> wrote:

> "NEW" will become "CONFIRMED" > "REOPENED" will become "CONFIRMED" (and the "REOPENED" status will > be removed)
I'd say, both to UNCONFIRMED. Before, we used to set 'NEW' for newly- added bugs and didn't use UNCONFIRMED often. Right now, it seems logical to use UNCONFIRMED for the new bugs and let devs (re-)confirm them as necessary. I think it might be even a good idea to limit the possibility of setting 'CONFIRMED' to devs. Otherwise, I see users bumping each of their bugs to 'CONFIRMED' immediately.
> We're almost done with the preparation of bugzilla-4.x for > bugs.gentoo.org. So, do we want the new workflow or do we want to > keep the old?
New one. Simpler is better. -- Best regards, Michał Górny