From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: udev and /usr
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 01:37:38
1 On Sunday, September 25, 2011 08:53:08 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > However, I can't seem to find a chromeos-meta package in portage, and
3 > the fact that my chromeos laptop has some feature does me little good
4 > in getting my Gentoo desktop to do the same. At best ChromeOS is a
5 > fork of Gentoo, and the work that is done to highly integrate it
6 > doesn't really trickle back upstream. To be honest, I'm not sure it
7 > would be easy for them to do so.
8
9 Chrome OS uses the Gentoo tree of ebuilds and an overlay of custom packages.
10 there are also a number of patches to packages that are in our tree, but those
11 are in the process of merging back into Gentoo mainline.
12
13 i wouldn't really clasify this as a fork ... it's more a derivative.
14 -mike