From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Retiring
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 21:18:25
1 Hi all
4 I'm finally giving in to reality and retiring as a Gentoo Dev. I've
5 been effectively inactive since March last year and lack of time
6 means that isn't going to change any time soon. I'll still be using
7 Gentoo of course, so I'll still stick my nose in on bugzilla now and
8 again :)
11 There's not much out there that depends on me; packages that have my
12 name against them as maintainer are:
13
14 app-admin/eselect-oodict
15 app-text/hunspell
16 app-text/info2html
17 sys-apps/qtparted
18
19 and
20
21 app-dicts/myspell-*
22
23 There's useful work to be done on the myspell dictionaries (which are
24 used by hunspell). Currently various applications install their own
25 copies of dictionaries in various places - something that is just
26 wasteful and lazy. I'd always intended to finish an eselect module for
27 managing myspell dictionaries; got some work done but never finished it
28 off. eselect-oodict was a quick version for dealing with OOo.org
29 dictionaries (which uses myspell dictionaries) and you can find my
30 attempts at a more generic eselect-myspell on bugzilla. Doing that
31 needs co-operation from the relevant applications (particularly the
32 mozilla application set).
33
34 qtparted is controversial and may not be worth holding on to; see
35 bugzilla for details.
38 Lastly, just to say I've learned a lot from my involvement with Gentoo
39 over the time I was active and it has been very worthwhile for me;
40 hopefully I've managed to contribute at least something back to
41 compensate!
44 All the best,
45 Kev.