From: Maxim Kammerer <mk@×××.su>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Let's redesign the entire filesystem!
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:37:09
1 On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 19:58, Matthew Summers
2 <quantumsummers@g.o> wrote:
3 > __Everyone__ is already using an initramfs, therefore there are no
4 > initramfs-less systems anymore (it may just be empty).
5
6 I suggest that you take a look at CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD.
7
8 > Why is an in-kernel initramfs so bad anyway? I am baffled. Its quite
9 > nice to have a minimal recovery env in case mounting fails, etc, etc,
10 > etc.
11
12 There is nothing bad about initramfs. I think that you are misreading
13 the arguments above.
16 Maxim Kammerer
17 Liberté Linux (discussion / support: http://dee.su/liberte-contribute)