From: Robert Szentmihalyi <robert.szentmihalyi@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] USE flags, ebuilds and configure options
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:37:45
1 Hi,
2
3 I have already posted this question on gentoo-user whithout getting a
4 response.
5 I have looked deeper into it meanwhile, but I still seem to be missing
6 something. Perhaps one of you can give me a hint.
7
8 What I want to do is make mod_php-4.3.3-r3 use freetype1 instead of freetype2,
9 because the machine in question is a web server I want to run the Typo3
10 Content Management System on and the graphical buttons rendered by Typo3 just
11 don't look as expected when using freetype2.
12 Sure, I could configure and build mod_php manually, but I am interested in the
13 gentoo-way of doing it.
14 After reading the ebuild howto I tried to set
15 EXTRA_ECONF="--without-freetype"
16 before I ran
17 emerge =mod_php-4.3.3-r3
18 again. This did not do the trick, because my extra option is not appended at
19 the end of the list of configure options, as I would have expected, but
20 inserted before all the standard options generated by the ebuild script.
21
22 How are the configure options for a particular package generated, i.e is there
23 a way of influencing what configure options a certain USE flag triggers for a
24 particular package?
25
26 Or am I completely on the wrong track?
27 How would the problem described above be solved most elegantly?
28
29 TIA,
30 Robert
33 Robert Szentmihalyi, Entracom GmbH