From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuilds for windows apps under wine?
Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 23:57:40
1 On Saturday 07 May 2005 22:32, aeriksson@××××××××.fm wrote:
2 > I realize there's a ton of stuff to take care of, but since the newer
3 > windows version support 'sharing apps' among multiple user accounts,
4 > there just might be a way to make them root-owned, or some such...
5 I don't think this is possible at all.
6 You probably can have something like eMule compiled using Winelib or other
7 open-source windows app always compiled using winelib and winemaker, but you
8 can't install windows application system-wide and use them with wine.
9
10 There's a great difference between the way windows nt-based systems "share"
11 the applications between users, and how the users are managed from wine's
12 point of view.
13
14 There's a reason why Wine's default c drive directory is inside home instead
15 of something system-wide.
16
17 Then... no I don't think this is something doable.. and anyway Mike is right,
18 this is absolutely not for main portage tree... you are welcome to create an
19 unofficial overlay with them if you find a clean way to do this :)
22 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
23 Gentoo Developer (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64)
24
25 http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/