From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] default desktop profile
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 19:27:22
1 On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 09:08 +0300, Samuli Suominen wrote:
2 > On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 14:28:26 -0700
3 > Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > > We disabled it to try to get the size of the x86/amd64 LiveCDs down.
6 > > Thanks. I knew there had to be some reason for it, but couldn't
7 > > remember what it was off the top of my head. Luckily, this won't be
8 > > much of an issue with the next release, since we're switching to Xfce
9 > > rather than GNOME to bring the size down even further and to try to
10 > > produce a more useful (as in more tools) LiveCD. Of course, the
11 > > LiveDVD will have everything on it, as it does now.
12 >
13 > Glad to hear that. Then maybe we could add some stages to livecd?
14
15 Never. If you want stages, get the LiveDVD.
16
17 > Replace evolution with something usable like claws-mail to do so.
18
19 Well, I would likely be keeping Evolution, since AD/Exchange
20 capabilities are something I consider pretty important for anyone in a
21 corporate world.
24 Chris Gianelloni
25 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
26 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
27 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
28 Gentoo Foundation