From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] modification to nsplugins.eclass
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 05:09:38
Hi all.

Somehow I ended up with the request to move phoenix-bin under /opt (where it
should belong as a binary package). Along the move few issues came up, one of
which was proper plugin handling. I had to add missing "inherit nsplugins",
which led me to investigate src_mv_plugins function. As a last action this
function was symlinking ../${PLUGINS_DIR} to the location of package specific
plugins dir.

I presume this (local symlinking) was done on an assumption that all browsers
reside under /usr/lib. However while this can be forsed for many packages it
breaks when we are dealing with binary package, such as in this case. I have
modified the eclass to create absolute symlink instead of local. I would like
to ask involved parties to check and confirm the change (I couldn't do the
discussion beforehand since phoenix-bin was essentially broken and the fix
doesn't change the way other packages are handled).

George