From: Kacper Kowalik <xarthisius@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cmake-utils.eclass: set default of CMAKE_VERBOSE=1
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 07:51:12
1 On 04.05.2012 18:30, hasufell wrote:
2 > # @ECLASS-VARIABLE: CMAKE_VERBOSE
4 > # Set to enable verbose messages during compilation.
5 >
6 > By default this is deactivated which is inconvenient imo and results in
7 > pastes having minimum information.
8 > I have to tell users every time to recompile with CMAKE_VERBOSE=1 so
9 > that I have proper information on what is going on.
10 >
11 > Are there any arguments against this being default?
12 >
13 Hi,
14 It's been discussed previously here [1]
15 with nack from cmake-utils.eclass maintainers and general conclusion
16 that's too "expensive" to write to stdout :/
17 If you're gonna make it happen this time, I'll owe you a beer...
18 Cheers,
19 Kacper
20
21 [1]