From: Olivier Fisette <olivier.fisette@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2004.2 Feature Requests
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 03:33:46
1 Le jeudi, 29 Avril, 2004 23:42, John Davis a écrit :
2 > Hi all -
3 > To start preparing for 2004.2 in July, releng is opening up Feature
4 > Requests that the community would like to see included in 2004.2. The
5 > last day that we are accepting requests is Friday, May 7th at which
6 > point releng will hold a meeting and decide which requests are feasible
7 > for both the alloted time and workload. Thank you for your time and your
8 > requests.
9 >
10 > Cheers,
11 > //zhen
12
13 One thing I'd like to see is the possibility for emerge and Portage to manage
14 concurrent actions, such as compiling while downloading, multiple
15 simultaneous downloads and multiple simultaneous emerge processes. This would
16 speed up system and world updates, and allow to safely install other packages
17 while such updates are running.
20 Olivier Fisette (pilos)
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list