From: Cedric Veilleux <cedric@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] CVS server questions
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 18:59:46
1 Both cvs.sourceforge.net and cvs.jackit.sourceforge.net are actually the same
2 server. Both hostnames resolve to the same IP.
5 Cedric
8 On November 08, 2003 01:09 pm, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
9 > I'm curious about something with cvs. I've noticed in some builds that the
10 >
11 cvs server given in the ebuild does not match the ones given in the docs
12 > for the application. For example - the Jack audio server site lists the
13 > following for access to anon cvs.
14 >
15 > cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@××××××××××××××××××××××.net:/cvsroot/jackit login
16 >
17 > If I understand the cvs part of ebuilds correctly that means the server is
20 > cvs.jackit.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/jackit
21 >
22 > but the ebuild shows
23 >
24 > cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/jackit
25 >
26 > However, it still appears to find the source correctly.
27 >
28 > How does this work - is sourceforge setup to redirect the address so it
29 > works?
30
31 > Thanks.
32 >