From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Git braindump: 2 of N: developer interaction (merge co-ordinators)
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 10:22:14
1 Am Sonntag 03 Juni 2012, 11:46:16 schrieb Robin H. Johnson:
2
3 > If there are enough "Alice" developers, is it a possibility that Bob
4 > will never have a chance to get his commit in?
5 >
6 > All this requires, is that in the time it takes Bob to do 'git pull',
7 > Alice manages to do 'git push' again.
8
9 We definitely have to take care of this somehow.
10
11 However, it would be nice to have some numbers to estimate how acute the
12 problem will be. As I'm definitely not a CVS guru, what's the best way to
13 extract commit times to the gentoo-x86 tree?
14
15 (
16 What I'd ask for is as "raw data" - take all commits (say, for the last year),
17 filter out Manifest-only stuff, make a text file with only the timestamps for
18 each commit, ideally one per line and already in "seconds in epoch" format...
19
20 This, being pretty similar to whatever comes out in our labs, could then be
21 postprocessed and visualized... :)
22 )
23
24 Cheers, Andreas