From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cvs.gentoo.org's /home is on LVM :)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 22:52:49
1 drobbins@g.o wrote:
2
3 > Hi All,
4 >
5 > cvs.gentoo.org is available again, and its /home partition
6 > has been moved to LVM. Even though I'm using just straight
7 > LVM on a single hard drive, I'm getting massive performance
8 > improvements with ReiserFS -- my .maildir (~1400 messages)
9 > loads in ~1 second rather than ~10 seconds :)))) Let's hope this
10 > translates to higher-performing cvs updates :))
11
12 Sounds like the hole creation problem that occures with reiserfs does not
13 occure if reiserfs is used on LVM.
14 Strange. :-)
15
16 achim~
20 > If this experiment goes well, I'll continue to move parts of the
21 > filesystem over to LVM. I do have a very recent backup (just in case),
22 > and I have the old /home partition lying around at / just in case
23 > we need it. I'll keep it for a day or so before zapping it.
24 >
25 > Best Regards,
26 >
27 > --