From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: gcc 4.3.2 security updates
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 04:43:15
1 On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 00:06:45 +0000
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 18:03:17 -0600
5 > Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
6 > > I'm really hoping this isn't a stable candidate. :P
7 >
8 > Is an earlier gcc 4.3 a stable candidate, or have those plans been
9 > abandoned?
10 >
11 > (I'm wondering whether it's worth the pain of dealing with 4.1's lack
12 > of tr1 regex support...)
13
14 I was hoping to have the tree ready by Mar/Apr. Flameeyes dug up a lot
15 of broken packages with his tinderbox runs that need addressing though.
16 I'm going to go through the list, posting patches next week. Then we
17 have to wait until they can be stabilized.
18
19 Which reminds me - maintainers, if you have a bug blocking #245547 that
20 you have not yet CC'd arches on, do so now please. Most of these were
21 opened in November and haven't seen any action.
22
23 Thanks.
26 gcc-porting, by design, by neglect
27 treecleaner, for a fact or just for effect
28 wxwidgets @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662