From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo's plan to remove .la files
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 10:36:58
1 El dom, 31-10-2010 a las 03:25 -0100, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
2 escribió:
3 > 3. Add a page to the QA project space (unless they're not interested)
4 > about la files and how to deal with them
5 >
6 > I think we can ask Diego to use large parts of his blog posts and charts
7 > about .la files[1], [2], [3], [4] as a source for the document. We can
8 > also add some basic info from the autobook[5], [6]. The goal would be to
9 > have a document similar to our own --as-needed guide [7] and to other
10 > distributions[8], [9].
11 > Anyone wishes to volunteer for this task?
12 > QA would such a document be welcomed in your project space?
13
14 Hello
15
16 I rely a lot on devmanual, then, I think would be interesting to create
17 a section on it telling us when should we remove .la files and how to do
18 it properly.
19
20 Thanks a lot :-)