From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Attracting developers (Re: Packages up for grabs...)
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 16:23:19
1 On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Not to sidetrack the topic farther, but isn't this best done in our
4 > github/gentoo account. It is one of the main reasons we have it, to
5 > easily accept pull requests from users. It would also make it easier
6 > for more devs to participate in a group proxy-maint repo.
7
8 Very little Gentoo-related work on Github is actually done under the
9 Gentoo org. I'm not really sure if this is a good thing or a bad
10 thing. We haven't really figured out what we want to do with that
11 space.
12
13 I suspect some of it is that many devs just want to do their thing,
14 and github is a place where you can do whatever you want with your
15 overlay/etc and nobody else is going to tell you that you're doing it
16 wrong. Again, not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing.
17
18 Rich