From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: scarabeus@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in media-video/ffmpeg: ffmpeg-9999.ebuild ffmpeg-0.10.3-r1.ebuild ChangeLog
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 20:35:41
1 On Thu, 17 May 2012 13:58:01 +0000 (UTC)
2 "Tomas Chvatal (scarabeus)" <scarabeus@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > scarabeus 12/05/17 13:58:01
5 >
6 > Modified: ffmpeg-9999.ebuild ChangeLog
7 > Added: ffmpeg-0.10.3-r1.ebuild
8 > Log:
9 > Disable postproc in here and use the common library that will be
10 > used by both libav and ffmpeg (eases dependency writting).
11 > (Portage version: 2.2.0_alpha107/cvs/Linux x86_64)
14 I'm sorry, but where has this been discussed ?
15
16 Now that we have regular releases, why are we back at taking snapshots
17 of some random subset of it ? Moreover some random subset that has not
18 yet merged some commits from ffmpeg back from february...
19
20 if ffmpeg has not removed libpostproc, maybe there's a reason, that
21 reason might be that they still want to maintain it in their own tree...
22
23 im reverting your commit atm, with a proper temporary solution for the
24 virtual; feel free to write the || dep for the 3 or 4 packages that
25 need postproc if you want to make it optional.
26
27 A.