From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: scarabeus@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in media-video/ffmpeg: ffmpeg-9999.ebuild ffmpeg-0.10.3-r1.ebuild ChangeLog
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 20:35:41
On Thu, 17 May 2012 13:58:01 +0000 (UTC)
"Tomas Chvatal (scarabeus)" <scarabeus@g.o> wrote:

> scarabeus 12/05/17 13:58:01 > > Modified: ffmpeg-9999.ebuild ChangeLog > Added: ffmpeg-0.10.3-r1.ebuild > Log: > Disable postproc in here and use the common library that will be > used by both libav and ffmpeg (eases dependency writting). > (Portage version: 2.2.0_alpha107/cvs/Linux x86_64) >
I'm sorry, but where has this been discussed ? Now that we have regular releases, why are we back at taking snapshots of some random subset of it ? Moreover some random subset that has not yet merged some commits from ffmpeg back from february... if ffmpeg has not removed libpostproc, maybe there's a reason, that reason might be that they still want to maintain it in their own tree... im reverting your commit atm, with a proper temporary solution for the virtual; feel free to write the || dep for the 3 or 4 packages that need postproc if you want to make it optional. A.