From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: Marius Mauch <genone@××××××.de>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge debug mode
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:53:22
1 Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:36:08 -0500
3 > Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
6 >>Is there a way to run emerge in a debug mode to see where it is
7 >>getting its dependencies? I'm trying to figure out what package I have
8 >>installed that is trying to bring back a bunch of gnome programs and
9 >>libs that I unmerged last night. Before unmerging each of them, I made
10 >>sure with 'qpkg -q -nc -I pkgname' that nothing depended on them.
13 > how about emerge --debug ? That makes portage very verbose.
14
15 I read in 'emerge --help' that it makes *ebuild* very verbose, not emerge.
18 Andrew Gaffney
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list