From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Handling of keywording bugs with only one arch
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:21:38
1 On 03/13/2010 07:07 PM, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > When a bug is marked as fixed it doesn't show up in searches developers
3 > use so it's a matter of who reads the email and acts upon it. I don't
4 > see why maintainers would be any more likely to act than an arch team
5 > comprised of multiple people in the case of bigger arches. Let's not
6 > forget that users are really supposed to open new bugs instead of
7 > commenting on the resolved ones although I know there are users out
8 > there who rather comment on a two year old only distantly related bug
9 > than open a new one.
10
11 I would love to see a bugzilla feature that would entirely disable
12 commenting on closed bugs like on archlinux's bugtracking system[1]
13
14 [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/arch-general@×××××××××.org/msg11996.html
15
16 That might possibly need "Request reopen" button of somesort, or we
17 could just always require people to open new bugs
18
19 Often people just wish to argue about the closing status, after the bug
20 has been resolved...