From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo News file about GNOME 3.2's unmasking
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 20:07:09
1 On 11/26/2011 10:55 AM, Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
2 > On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 11:51 PM, Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On L, 2011-11-26 at 12:43 +0530, Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
4 >>> A question: it currently restricts only on the basis of If-Installed,
5 >>> but is there a workaround for the absence Display-If-Visible filter?
6 >>> If there isn't, I'll commit it as-is.
7 >>
8 >> I think it'd be bad to get the news item out like that now for stable
9 >> users, and then after a long time once we stabilize it (if ever), it's
10 >> been long forgotten and marked away as read. Maybe the keyword checks
11 >> should be re-added for now and edited away later if necessary (before
12 >> stabling)?
15 > I actually removed that keyword thing because I wasn't sure if it
16 > worked with ~arch specifiers. I think it's easier to just bump the
17 > news file version when we stabilize 3.2 so that people see it again.
18 > Presuming that that will work.
19
20 GLEP 42 refers to GLEP 22, which says nothing of ~arch specifiers. The
21 current portage code literally compares the news item's keyword to the
22 current profile's ARCH variable, so ~arch specifiers will not match. The
23 code is in the DisplayKeywordRestriction class:
24
25 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/portage.git;a=blob;f=pym/portage/news.py#l326
28 Thanks,
29 Zac